Welcome to the Sound and Light Show

Sort of a diary for myself ... but you can read it too.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Why I was late for work today ...

I knew the deer liked the myrtle I planted in my backyard but now it appears the turkeys like it too.


I spent about 1/2 hour this morning watching two turkeys acting all confused in my backyard. It appears one turkey made it over into my neighbor's yard, which is completely fenced in, and then couldn't find it's way back out.

My neighbor and I sat on our respective back porches, drank coffee, and watched the two confused turkeys try to figure out the whole scenario.


We finally made a big enough commotion to give the 'caged' turkey a scare to get it airborn and up over the fence. I wish I had tried to get a picture of the turkey while it was in the air ... not everyday you see a bird that big taking flight ... plus their wingspan is pretty impressive.

No comments: