Welcome to the Sound and Light Show

Sort of a diary for myself ... but you can read it too.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Landscaping 105


I'm finally done planting the 'Creeping' Myrtle on my backyard hillside. I'm doing this to provide a simple ground covering so I don't have to deal with weeding or mowing the hillside plus it will keep the hillside from eroding. I acquire the Myrtle from the side of the road out by my parents house about 30 miles away. It grows wild out there so I just dig it up and replant it here. This is the main reason I have planted it in so thick ... it's free. It usually sells for about $9.99/ft2 at Home Depot. If I was paying for it, I definitely would have planted it in more scarcely but since it is free, I felt why wait for it to fill in over the years ....

4 comments:

superbowlandpussycat said...

looks great!!!

J (Son et Lumiere) ... said...

Thanks! I planted for 3 hours straight last night. Today, I can't move ... but it's finally done.

Evil Genius said...

Free myrtle! That is so brilliant it should be illegal. Looks great.

Cecile said...

Long journey starts with a small step. It's good you have your made your first move to landscaping. I love to see when you have finished and how this transforms your place.

snohomish landscaping