Welcome to the Sound and Light Show

Sort of a diary for myself ... but you can read it too.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Them Meds pt. 1

I forgot! The docs also got me on new medication. I'm taking Neurontin to help dull the nerve pain produce by the crimped nerves in my neck. Basically, I endure piercing pain underneath my shoulder blade, down the outside of my left arm (tricep) and into my elbow all day, every time I move my neck.

Here is an excerpt from the definition of Neurontin:
Neurontin affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain. The exact way that it works is unknown.

Ha ha, that's comforting.
"Just take it! we don't know why it does what it does. JUST TAKE IT!"

I take the pill twice a day and the docs said that it may take a week before it takes affect. Already I am feeling very loopy and tired from the drug. This is okay for right now, I had the best night of sleep last night that I've had in a long while, but I will need to drive my car again soon ... and drink alcohol again someday ... which neither are recommended while on this drug.

The docs also gave me Flexeril for when I am hurting really bad. The Vicodins were not doing it for me, they would only dull the pain for an hour and then make me very jittery, keeping me from falling asleep at night. They say Flexeril will knock me out.

That's what I want to hear.

No comments: