Welcome to the Sound and Light Show

Sort of a diary for myself ... but you can read it too.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Movie Night

Another long evening working on the landscaping of my backyard. My neighbor is building a fence along our property line and his progress sort of depends on my progress so I have to get as much possible done before the weekend. Anyway ...

The HD DVDs are coming in from Netflix ... I had a few people over to watch Letters from Iwo Jima last night. Very good movie. All the better in HD. We started the movie a little late and didn't realize it had a running time of 2 hours and 2o minutes. The engrossing storyline and the bottles of wine made the time go by quickly though.

After the movie I stayed up with one of my friends swapping stories about the history of Electronic music here in the city of Pittsburgh. He and I were both pretty active in the scene from 1999 until today but our paths rarely crossed. We had many stories that intersected and it was fun putting the puzzle pieces together from our different viewpoints ... before we knew it, it was 3am. d'oh.

Tonight I'm having people over to watch Children of Men but the movie starts no later than 8pm and people are out by midnight. New house rules.

No comments: